Friday, September 21, 2007

I posted about the dreamliner here questioning its safety, http://seobm.blogspot.com/2007/07/dreamliner.html, and at the time I think I was the only one doing so. It seemed obvious to me. Now others are starting to look at things instead of glossing over them:

http://blog.wired.com/wiredscience/2007/09/dan-rather-make.html which though reads as a paid by Boeing article refers to others. They keep talking about how particular parts are stronger than older materials. They fail to mention that because they are stronger they use far less of them. They mention some parts are used in other aircraft and such. They fail to mention the nightmareliner, my new name for Boeing's dreamliner, is using the materials in sizes never before tested.

Boeing is being very gutsy. Not many companies would risk everything by trusting lab boy theory without a solid track record grounded in reality. Boeing has. With America spiraling down the toilet in respects to almost all other industrialized countries this is probably a gamble they have to take. Or go out of business. I wish them the best of luck.

No comments: