Saturday, October 20, 2007

Hogwarts school headmaster Albus Dumbledore, is gay


She said she regarded her novels as a "prolonged argument for tolerance" and urged her fans to "question authority".

But she added that not everyone likes her work. Christian groups have alleged the books promote witchcraft. The author said her revelation about Dumbledore would give them one more reason.



Wow. To be honest I lost interest in her series halfway through book six and skimmed the last half. And I haven't had the desire to start the last book. (I did read the last chapter on the day it came out, but well, that genre just does not interest me.) This changes everything. Before I had thought she was a money grubbing meanie. This prolonged argument for tolerance, questioning authority, and disregard for Christians puts her in my respected camp.

But how is it she is only 42 and looks like she is 68? I'm older than her but I would not have interest in her unless I was 70. It's a shame to see people prematurely age. Especially people I respect.

No comments: