Friday, January 19, 2007

IE continues downward spiral

It's an interesting article because it sites multiple sources measuring browser share. IE7 is indeed quickly catching on and is currently #2 right behind IE6. However it's not making any dent on the the growing useage of FireFox or the overall decline of IE. I suspect people are just tired of having to code pages to first work for the standards and then come back a second time and make them work for IE quarks. I know I am, so much so that if somebody is using IE I redirect them quietly to some other random site. Here's the code I use on my web and I recommend it for everybody:

Zhtml>
Zhead>
Z!--[if IE]>
Zscript type="application/javascript" >
window.location="http://random.yahoo.com/bin/ryl/";
Z/script>
Z![endif]-->
Z/head>
Zbody>
Z/body>
Replace the 'Z's with '<'. I Had to use some other char since googles blogging software doesn't allow html mixed in.

No comments: