Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Redhat...

I looked at their site today wondering if I'd every want to use their products. So the first thing I looked for was support for my network printer. The Brother MFC-8660DN. Their site looks good giving the impression everything imaginable is supported. I couldn't find my printer though. They have an option to show all printers made by a company which I chose only to find my printer isn't there! They have an option to add a printer so I chose that. Entered in all the information I could find and hit save and exit. Well guess what. It doesn't allow you to add a new printer that there is no support for! No wonder it looks so good. My guess is that the information is added so they can secretly research it and then add something to make it look like it's supported. I'm not tempted to use Red Hat anytime soon.

No comments: